D9015: Refactoring the hidding/showing animation use within KFilePlacesView

Franck Arrecot noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 28 10:22:20 UTC 2017

franckarrecot marked 2 inline comments as done.
franckarrecot added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ervin wrote in kfileplacesview.cpp:811-813
> This whole change on the if structure there is unrelated to the rest of the patch so please remove it. Beside this seems to change the semantic, we never tested for result being nullptr or not before, we tested for the various actions to be there, you changed that logic completely that smells dangerous to me.

Indeed the structural change could be in an other patch. Not sure to see where it's dangerous tho, previous code testing the nullptr where doing it on a variable eg: empty trash, and only if result variable was equal to empty trash, which had to be differnt from nullptr it would go on, I think this endup being the same with the new change.

If result is different from nullptr AND equal to empty trash is equivalent to result being equal to emptyTrash and emptyTrash being different to nulltpr. The code is not doing anything for result being equal to nullptr alone, so no new behavior AFAIK.

Removing it, maybe in an other commit :-)

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO