D8982: Qml controls for kcm creation

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 27 10:09:17 UTC 2017

mart added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D8982#171694, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > I like the GridView
  >
  > Note that we'll want to use that from the WallpaperDialog in Plasma, which isn't a KCM. I don't think it will be a problem though ?

  yes, those components should be usable from anywhere, so should be fine for the wallpaper dialog.
  the only caveat is the dependency, (plasma-desktop already depends from kdeclarative so is fine)

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in GridView.qml:24
> How do you use this and set the model & delegate?

GridView {

  view.model: foo
  view.Delegate: Delegate {...}

}

> davidedmundson wrote in SimpleKCM.qml:23
> System settings adds it too for the KCM
> KCMMultiPageDialog (kcmshell5) adds a scroll area for the KCM
>
> So isn't this adding a QtQuick scrollarea within a parent widget scrollarea?

yeah, it does that..
it keeps the qquickwidget small enough so the qwidget scrollbar won't be there.
which isn't optimal, but i think the scrolling should be handed by the qml part.

REPOSITORY
  R296 KDeclarative