D8536: Add more hashing algorithms to KPropertiesDialog

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 26 12:26:18 UTC 2017

elvisangelaccio added a subscriber: colomar.
elvisangelaccio added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D8536#165899, @anthonyfieroni wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D8536#165865, @elvisangelaccio wrote:
  >
  > > As I mentioned, using //only// a combobox doesn't work, because the main functionality (= check integrity of downloaded files) is now harder to use.
  >

  > In other hand moslty user check one of following algorithms i.e. when i check a downloaded file i validate sha256, so i selected it in combobox (if needed) then paste expected. In most of time *one* prefered algorithm is used.

  Unfortunately many websites only show you the SHA1 or, even worse, only the MD5 of the file. As I said, it doesn't matter that your preferred algo is e.g. SHA256, if the website doesn't actually provide it.

  @petermajchrak I vote to revert to the collapsible groupbox layout. We should also ask feedback from the people involved in the original design (@colomar in particular).

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO