D8982: Qml controls for kcm creation

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 24 11:15:45 UTC 2017

mart added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> hein wrote in GridDelegate.qml:130
> Do these numbers align with anything? Then a comment pointing at where else we use them would be good.
>
> Or maybe use multiples of long/short duration? Or makes no sense?
>
> Same question about the other site in the code.

ah, no there isn't anywhere anything configured for duration for tooltips. in upstream qqc2 is also one second hardcoded

> hein wrote in GridView.qml:30
> Is this still the best we can do? The FV code uses some old QQC1 private APIs to get scrollbar width. I thought in QQC2 we have proper ways to do it by accessing the SB instance?

qqc2 scrollview is almost api-less but maybe i can access somehow the scrollbar with an attached property now that i think about, i'll give a try

> hein wrote in GridViewKCM.qml:29
> When I wrote my launch feedback port I had some trouble with sizing in kcmshell5. The window came up too small to fit the FormLayout, but the scrollbar was also assuming a content size far larger than the FormLayout - I had to make the window pretty big for the vertical scrollbar to disappear. So it was broken in two ways.
>
> How does this compare? I noticed the hard-coded values here instead of really working with the content.

this one is a big scrollview of thumbnails and nothing else...
at most i guess we could make it that we want it big as 3x3 cells or something like that but the contents don't really have an implicit size per se

> hein wrote in SimpleKCM.qml:27
> Same wonderings @ sizing.

for this i think we could try to get an implicit size of the layout inside the main scrollview, but then limiting it to some hardcoded value anyways.
for instance if started with kcmshell i think it's better if it puts a scrollbar in it rather than making a very narrow and tall window that takes all the vertical space

REPOSITORY
  R296 KDeclarative