D8982: Qml controls for kcm creation

Eike Hein noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 24 11:09:13 UTC 2017

hein added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> GridDelegate.qml:130
> +                            enabled: modelData.enabled
> +                            Controls.ToolTip.delay: 1000
> +                            Controls.ToolTip.timeout: 5000

Do these numbers align with anything? Then a comment pointing at where else we use them would be good.

Or maybe use multiples of long/short duration? Or makes no sense?

Same question about the other site in the code.

> GridView.qml:30
> +
> +    readonly property int scrollBarSpace: Kirigami.Units.gridUnit
> +

Is this still the best we can do? The FV code uses some old QQC1 private APIs to get scrollbar width. I thought in QQC2 we have proper ways to do it by accessing the SB instance?

> GridViewKCM.qml:29
> +    title: kcm.name
> +    implicitWidth: Kirigami.Units.gridUnit * 20
> +    implicitHeight: Kirigami.Units.gridUnit * 20

When I wrote my launch feedback port I had some trouble with sizing in kcmshell5. The window came up too small to fit the FormLayout, but the scrollbar was also assuming a content size far larger than the FormLayout - I had to make the window pretty big for the vertical scrollbar to disappear. So it was broken in two ways.

How does this compare? I noticed the hard-coded values here instead of really working with the content.

> SimpleKCM.qml:27
> +    title: kcm.name
> +    implicitWidth: Kirigami.Units.gridUnit * 20
> +    implicitHeight: Kirigami.Units.gridUnit * 20

Same wonderings @ sizing.

REPOSITORY
  R296 KDeclarative