D8864: RFC: [MouseEventListener] Allow accepting mouse event

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 17 14:05:52 UTC 2017

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, hein.
Restricted Application added projects: Plasma, Frameworks.
Restricted Application added subscribers: Frameworks, plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This will keep the event from propagating. Accepting a press event will also not result in clicked or pressAndHold being handled.
  In Qt 5.10 event propagation changed resulting in FolderView opening both the item context menu and containment context menu. Imho this actually makes sense since we never accepted the mouse event there.

TEST PLAN
  I put an `mouse.accepted` in FolderView after opening the context menu and no longer get double menus showing up.
  However, I'm not sure how delicate this change is. In theory it shouldn't change existing behavior and fixing/changing FV might be the better solution?

REPOSITORY
  R296 KDeclarative

AFFECTED FILES
  src/qmlcontrols/kquickcontrolsaddons/mouseeventlistener.cpp
  src/qmlcontrols/kquickcontrolsaddons/mouseeventlistener.h