D6047: WIP: Support XDG v6

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 31 10:16:06 UTC 2017

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added projects: Plasma on Wayland, Frameworks.
Restricted Application edited projects, added Plasma; removed Plasma on Wayland.

REVISION SUMMARY
  To move forward faster I thought we could start reviewing the davidedmundson/xdgv6 branch for the top level
  whilst I continue the Popup stuff in a new branch.

  Commits are made by both me and Marco.
  He did pings + min/max sizes I did most most the rest.

  The main clever part that's not just boring boiler plate is how we handle the structure change
  A surface now has an XDGSurface which then has a an Xdg TopLevel or a Xdg Popup

  We need to fit this into the public API which assumes a surface has a Surface or a Popup.
  The old Surface is similar to the new TopLevel.

  The shoehorning works by relying on the fact that a surface without a role is pretty useless.

  Clients create the surface implicitly with the toplevel or implicitly with the popup.
  The server only announced it has a new "XdgSurface" when it gets a new zxdg_surface_get_toplevel.

  Don't write comments about popup code not being implemented...

TEST PLAN
  Current test still passes.

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland