D5912: minimize dialog resizes/moves

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 18 18:50:09 UTC 2017

mart added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in dialog.cpp:864
> I don't understand your description of the problem.
>
> this call both that resizes and moves.
> but if the item hasn't changed yet, it shouldn't actually resize anything.
>
> you're implying it does. Why?

- setMainItem -> the main item will change, the Layout attached property too (or get null, or go from null from something)
- syncToMainItemSize -> resizes the dialog to the main item size, which may or may not be currently in a size between the minimum/maximum hints bounds
- updateLayoutParameters finally resizes it into bounds if it wasn't, so, one resize too much

actually, seems to still be one too much, down from two too much, as sometimes seems the layout will adjust its size hints only a while after the qquickitem has been actually drawn, which makes this last one a bit hard to remove

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)