D5802: ViewPrivate, KateSearchBar, KateVi::MatchHighlighter: use selection foreground for search highlights

Ivan Shapovalov noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 14 10:28:53 UTC 2017

intelfx added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D5802#109403, @mwolff wrote:

  > Hey there,
  >
  > sorry for the long delay. In general this sounds like a good idea. But what do you mean by "However, just making that change will make Kate/KDevelop incompatible with all existing color schemes"? Can you show some before/after screenshots for an existing color scheme? I mean for your solarized theme it looks fine.

  I mean that just like Solarized relies on using **selection** foreground for highlights (otherwise it is illegible), some other color scheme may rely on using **normal** foreground for its highlights. Hence just making this change unconditionally may break someone's existing color scheme.

  Even if we adjust bundled color schemes for the new behavior, we cannot adjust everyone's custom color schemes. Provided that we care for them, of course.

  >   I think using this feature everywhere would be a good idea. So if needed, the other color schemes could/should be adapted - but I really first would need to see the effect in action.

  Do you want screenshots of Solarized or any other color scheme?

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor