Next Gen CI Will Be Moving to Production Shortly: Upcoming Changes

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat May 6 10:01:58 UTC 2017

On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 9:58 PM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday May 06 2017 21:37:51 Ben Cooksley wrote:
>
>>'Platforms' on which they build. At the moment we have three Platforms
>>available: Ubuntu Xenial Qt 5.7, Windows Qt 5.7 and FreeBSD Qt 5.7.
>>Adding additional Platforms to this mix is fairly easy, as long as the
>>code can be built there. Qt will now be considered as part of the base
>>system, and is something we will no longer build ourselves.
>
> One remark about this: Qt 5.7 is not the most issue-free version but I understand why the 5.6 LTS version was not preferred instead. However, there is 1 thing with using stock Qt that's potentially problematic on a CI. It lacks a QtDBus patch that Qt cannot at the moment incorporate but that everyone should be using because it prevents crashing on exit under certain conditions.

It'll be up to the system distributor in that case to include the
patch. We shouldn't be including patches the system distributor isn't
in any case, as that will lead to a different environment compared to
our users.

Note that for Windows and Mac we shouldn't be doing D-Bus anyway as
they're alien to that platform (and the CI Tooling won't launch D-Bus
as part of it's test environment setup there as a result)

> R.

Cheers,
Ben