Next Gen CI Will Be Moving to Production Shortly: Upcoming Changes

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat May 6 09:58:19 UTC 2017

On Saturday May 06 2017 21:37:51 Ben Cooksley wrote:

>'Platforms' on which they build. At the moment we have three Platforms
>available: Ubuntu Xenial Qt 5.7, Windows Qt 5.7 and FreeBSD Qt 5.7.
>Adding additional Platforms to this mix is fairly easy, as long as the
>code can be built there. Qt will now be considered as part of the base
>system, and is something we will no longer build ourselves.

One remark about this: Qt 5.7 is not the most issue-free version but I understand why the 5.6 LTS version was not preferred instead. However, there is 1 thing with using stock Qt that's potentially problematic on a CI. It lacks a QtDBus patch that Qt cannot at the moment incorporate but that everyone should be using because it prevents crashing on exit under certain conditions.

R.