D5173: Fix 'Installation of ksendbugmail.exe conflicts with related KDE4 package'.

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 27 06:50:56 UTC 2017

dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> habacker wrote in kbugreport.cpp:527
> BTW: This will not work on Windows because the absolute build time install path is used which differs in mostly cases from the runtime install path.

Which is why this is just a fallback ;)

The question is, can you add libexec to the path (so that findExecutable works) only for kf5-based executables (so that kde4 apps don't break) ?

If not, then your description of the problem was incorrect and this is not just about dbus-started services but about difficulties locating the libexec dir on Windows.

In any discussion about libexec related issues we keep hitting the fact that there is no standard env var for it. Maybe we need a custom one (which could then be KF5_LIBEXEC_PATH, so it won't conflict with KF6).

REPOSITORY
  R263 KXmlGui