KGuiAddons and QGestures like tap/click-and-hold to open context menu?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 18:13:04 UTC 2017

On Sunday March 12 2017 18:57:23 David Faure wrote:

> Or.... I hold the mouse button pressed because I'm about to start a drag-n-
> drop.

One for which you wait too long then, something users of systems where tap-and-hold is usual (i.e. most of us?) would probably recognise. If you start moving in time the tap-and-hold gesture never completes.

> And then there's the question of the interaction with toolbuttons that have a
> menu (we want the toolbutton menu to popup, not the event to be automatically
> transformed into a context menu event which would break the toolbutton menu).
> You can test this with konqueror's back toolbar button for instance.

That's a more delicate issue but I presume it must be possible to test if a QToolButton has a menu itself.

R.