KGuiAddons and QGestures like tap/click-and-hold to open context menu?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Mar 12 17:57:23 UTC 2017

On dimanche 12 mars 2017 18:38:04 CET René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Sunday March 12 2017 17:52:25 David Faure wrote:
> > It would trigger, sometimes against the user's will if he's a bit slow, on
> > desktop systems where it's really not necessary since there's a right
> > mouse button.
>
> Quite slow, more like "oops, forgot to release the mousebutton". 700ms is
> longer than you think - I *know* that and still find I need patience to
> trigger the gesture in its default setting ;)

Or.... I hold the mouse button pressed because I'm about to start a drag-n-
drop.

And then there's the question of the interaction with toolbuttons that have a
menu (we want the toolbutton menu to popup, not the event to be automatically
transformed into a context menu event which would break the toolbutton menu).
You can test this with konqueror's back toolbar button for instance.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5