KGuiAddons and QGestures like tap/click-and-hold to open context menu?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 16:37:55 UTC 2017

On Sunday March 12 2017 16:54:20 David Faure wrote:

>If it's about a very general long-click-should-open-context-menu then maybe it
>can be done globally in the QPA rather than in each and every widget?

Probably, yes.

>It would
>then be a generic event handling thing. Off by default though, in that case,
>at least on systems which do have a right mouse button.

That sounds logical but one could also argue that it should be on by default because it's the single kind of event that an exist on all systems with a pointing device.

And if you make it an optional feature in the QPA it (almost?) becomes something that users might want to control the way they could control certain things via Q4's qtconfig .

Maybe the QPA platform integration plugin could be a good place, I'll tinker with that in my osx-integration plugin.

FWIW, did you have a look at my implementation? I currently need to "unpress" the button explicitly after sending the contextevent and I have a hunch that shouldn't be necessary. Maybe I shouldn't return true after converting the TapAndHold gesture event and pretend I never did anything with it?

R.