KGuiAddons and QGestures like tap/click-and-hold to open context menu?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Mar 12 15:54:20 UTC 2017

On dimanche 12 mars 2017 15:46:07 CET René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Sunday March 12 2017 15:27:43 David Faure wrote:
> > Isn't this exactly what QToolButton::setMenu does?
> > (given that the default popupMode is DelayedPopup)
>
> Possible, one would indeed expect that from the description .
> That class
> wouldn't need this extension then, but I think it's not trivial to use
> QToolButton instead of QPushButton without any side-effects?

The rendering of the button is slightly different, but that's it.

> (And of course
> my implementation should work with any QWidget.)

If it's about a very general long-click-should-open-context-menu then maybe it
can be done globally in the QPA rather than in each and every widget? It would
then be a generic event handling thing. Off by default though, in that case,
at least on systems which do have a right mouse button.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5