Differential e-mail subject re-arrangement

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Mar 1 15:16:56 UTC 2017

On mercredi 1 mars 2017 13:35:47 CET Kevin Funk wrote:

> > > +1 I'd even shorten The 'Differential' part of it to just 'Diff'.
> >
> > Agreed to both.
>
> +1

Yes, totally, and I would even like the repo name to be added...

But....

https://secure.phabricator.com/D9342 "Make Differential email subject more
configurable.", ABANDONED.

https://secure.phabricator.com/T5244 "Allow email subjects and bodies to be
more customizable", CLOSED, WONTFIX.

https://secure.phabricator.com/T10283 "improve differential emails, optimizing
for efficiency", Open, for a year.

and my own request, https://secure.phabricator.com/T10874, Open, for almost a
year.

Why did we pick a tool where upstream consistently refuses to make any changes
that would actually make sense? :(

(see also https://phabricator.kde.org/T5437, "arcanist: option to ignore
untracked files")

Working on KDE Frameworks 5