D6116: Add new stateChanged() signal to active connection

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jun 15 13:51:05 UTC 2017

davidedmundson added a comment.

  > There is just one minor problem, with two stateChanged() signals you will need to specify to which signal you want
  > to connect to when using Qt5 syntax for signals/slots and without that you won't compile current code, i.e. of plasma-nm

  I think we're going to have to treat overloading signals as an API break. Current plasma needs to compile with new frameworks.

  There's a line in the Qt wiki page that implies they now have that policy.

  "… but we have been adding overloads in past minor releases of Qt because taking the address of a function was not a use case we support. But now this would be impossible without breaking the source compatibility. "

  can you find a new signal name and emit both for compatibility?

REPOSITORY
  R282 NetworkManagerQt