[Differential] [Requested Changes To] D4023: kformat: Make it possible to properly translate relative days of the week

Albert Astals Cid noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 12 23:12:19 UTC 2017

aacid requested changes to this revision.
aacid added a reviewer: aacid.
aacid added a comment.

  I find the comments misleading (maybe because i'm not english native) but

    if (daysTo < -1) {
          switch (date.dayOfWeek()) {
          case 1:
              return tr("Last Monday",    "day in the previous week");
          case 2:

  Why does it have to be the previous week? If today is Wednesday and the date we're referring to is Monday, daysTo will be -2 and it will still be the current week and not the previous, no?

  else if (daysTo > 1) {

    switch (date.dayOfWeek()) {
    case 4:
        return tr("Next Thursday",  "day in the week after this");

  If today is Monday and the date we're referring to is Thursday, daysTo will be 3 and it's not "the week after this" it's "this week".

  Or am i understanding something wrong?

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons

EMAIL PREFERENCES