Minimum required cmake version

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jan 3 13:13:33 UTC 2017

On lundi 2 janvier 2017 10:43:37 CET David Faure wrote:
> On lundi 2 janvier 2017 03:50:06 CET Aleix Pol wrote:

> > > If we change the CMake requirement for one framework it should be
> > > changed for them all.  They are tested, released, and supported as a
> > > unit even though they have separate tiers and could theoretically be put
> > > together in a piecemeal fashion.
> > >
> > > There might also be an easy way to change it in extra-cmake-modules but
> > > I think some of the buildsystem devs would know more about that.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > >  - Michael Pyne
> >
> > +1
>
> No objection.

I do, however, have an objection to untested commits.

Sven, your commits broke knewstuff and some other modules.

CMake Error at /d/kde/inst/kde_frameworks/share/ECM/modules/
ECMGeneratePriFile.cmake:137 (message):
  Required variable PROJECT_VERSION_STRING not set before
  ECM_GENERATE_PRI_FILE() call.  Did you call ecm_setup_version?
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  src/core/CMakeLists.txt:94 (ecm_generate_pri_file)

Changing the min required cmake version also changes the default values for a
number of cmake policies, so you need to adjust the cmakelists.txt
accordingly.

(Do not just set the policies to OLD, that's the wrong way to go)

Working on KDE Frameworks 5