[Differential] [Commented On] D4797: [ToolButtonStyle] Use pure colors and no frame as background in flat mode

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 26 13:14:53 UTC 2017

subdiff added a comment.

  I see where you're coming from. You're right, that the rounded edges don't fit so well to other Plasma element. So I would try to find another design, because I still think the current ToolButton is ugly. Let me make it more clear, what I dislike about the current (flat) ToolButton design: It just takes the Button design for its hover/clicked state. This looks weird, because painting a whole button is not a small hint for the user that he can interact with the element but looks more like a completely new independent button suddenly being created.

  Besides that, did you notice that we have two different ToolButton designs in our Frameworks? The above one for QML in Plasma Frameworks and one for QWidgets in KToolBar. Take a look at Dolphin for example:

  F2616299: video3.mp4 <https://phabricator.kde.org/F2616299>

  Would you support the idea of using the KToolBar ToolButton design for the QML ToolButton aswell? It looks way better in my opinion and would make the use of tool buttons more consistent.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)

EMAIL PREFERENCES