[Differential] [Requested Changes] D4604: KConfig: stop exporting and installing KConfigBackend.

Matthew Dawson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 20 22:56:28 UTC 2017

mdawson requested changes to this revision.
mdawson added a comment.

  I agree, this can't be used so removing it from the API can't hurt anything.  Just to be sure, let's take this change for the next release, but not change KConfigBackend' API/ABI until after the next release.  If anyone complains about KConfigBackend missing before then, we can just re-export it easily.  Otherwise this can always come back in a (ABI) different form if this ever becomes worthwhile.  Does that sound good to you?

  I do have one small comment before committing.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kconfigbackend.h:210
> +//#define K_EXPORT_KCONFIGBACKEND(libname, classname) \
> +//    K_PLUGIN_FACTORY(factory, registerPlugin<classname>();)

I don't think this is worth saving as a comment, just remove it completely.  If we decide to undo this, it's in git.

REPOSITORY
  R237 KConfig

EMAIL PREFERENCES