Phabricator differential is not good - WAS - Re: Phabricator: All repositories registered - upcoming workflow changes

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Feb 5 21:51:22 UTC 2017

El dilluns, 6 de febrer de 2017, a les 10:19:30 CET, Ben Cooksley va escriure:
> On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 8:39 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > El dilluns, 6 de febrer de 2017, a les 8:18:04 CET, Ben Cooksley va
escriure:

> >> Okay, we'll look into adding a message box or something there
> >> explaining the need to use diff -U99.
> >
> > FWIW i thought that diff -U99 would give you the same behaviour that when
> > using arc (somehow i thought phabricator was not very smart and needed
> > more
> > lines to actually match the patch against the whole file).
> >
> > But no, using diff -U99 only gives you more lines because you used -U99,
> > but you can't still expand the whole file like when using arc.
>
> Are you essentially saying that the migration cannot proceed, because
> Phabricator doesn't know how to expand patches?

I'm saying i personally think it's a severe regression and i will not be using
Differential for the very few patches i create until i'm forced to, since
Reviewboard is much more useful for my worflow.

Obviously, given how few patches i create or review i can not say the
migration can not proceed.

Cheers,
  Albert