Phabricator differential is not good - WAS - Re: Phabricator: All repositories registered - upcoming workflow changes

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Sat Feb 4 00:15:06 UTC 2017

> This is not ok, the web interface for reviewboard was as good as rb-tools (I guess tbh i never used them) and "forcing" the use of a weird tool noone has heard of is not a good way to attract new contributors

Agreed. Especially since arc is some mental php script that randomly amends wrong revisions and/or adds files deliberately left unstaged.

As for the context I usually end up uploading diffs with -U99 but that's not ideal and it had never been an issue with ReviewBoard.

‎I also find the way to access revision patchset diffs cumbersome. The fact that online comments aren't versioned and stick around even if the diff changed significantly in later iterations is quite annoying. They also don't provide code snippets in the list of comments, you always have to jump to the specific line to see what's up there.

The repository search when uploading a diff is also pretty dumb, always defaulting to the least sensible option: Querying for "plasma workspace" automatically chooses Plasma Workspace Wallpapers, "kio" ends up with KIO AudioCD or Gopher...

Nevertheless I got quite used to Phabricator, at least Differential, and don't really miss RB especially since it got painfully slow ever since a gazillion Frameworks repositories were created. In conjunction with Plasma 5.9's drag and drop notification feature and Spectacle creating illustrated revisions is a breeze.