D7462: [kiocore] assert that klauncher is running or not

Bhushan Shah noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 22 10:00:25 UTC 2017

bshah created this revision.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.

REVISION SUMMARY
  We are currently checking if the klauncher is running under different
  user, and if so, we decide to fork the slave.

  In addition to that also assert that klauncher is actually running or
  not, if klauncher is not installed due to kinit being higher tier
  framework then the kio or due to the usage of kio slave on !plasma
  environments where kinit is very less likely to be installed.

  This also helps packagers to avoid the circular dependency between kio
  and kinit. For example,

  - https://phabricator.kde.org/T4517
  - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kio/+bug/1504526

TEST PLAN
  Tested on openbox session where kdeinit5 was not functional

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH
  klauncher-fix