D6831: Make use of kauth helper in methods of file ioslave

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 11 21:06:26 UTC 2017

dfaure added a comment.

  If you agree that showing an error message after hitting Cancel on the kauth prompt is suboptimal (I didn't actually test it), then it seems to me that a simple solution to turn `bool isPrivilegeOperationAllowed()` into a method that returns an enum? (same for `execWithElevatedPrivilege`)

  The values would be

  - Allowed (-> proceed)
  - Not allowed / not supported ( -> show error)
  - Canceled (-> don't show error)

  It's already a string true/false in the socket, that's easily extendable.