D6831: Make use of kauth helper in methods of file ioslave

Chinmoy Ranjan Pradhan noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 11 18:55:04 UTC 2017

chinmoyr added a comment.

  > what happens if the user cancels the root-password prompt? He will then get another msg box with "cannot create directory?" even though he/she purposefully canceled the operation? When that happens the slave should use error(KIO::ERR_USER_CANCELED) instead (which means no error box), but of course only in that case...

  With current version of my code this is not possible. The method `isPrivilegeOperationAllowed` returns false when user hits cancel or when PrivilegeExecution flag isn't set. To distinguish between them some kind of data needs to be sent to slave. Here `addMetaData` doesn't work. So another signal is needed. Or maybe `readData` can help here.