D5521: Allow the KGlobalAccel be a "Tier 2" framework, if needed

Martin Gräßlin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 21 13:07:38 UTC 2017

graesslin added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D5521#103778, @palokisa wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D5521#103775, @cfeck wrote:
  >
  > > Btw, libKF5GlobalAccel is actually Tier1, so applications needing global shortcuts will not have any (additional) KF5 dependencies, only the runtime has.
  >

  > But without the runtime the application using libKF5GlobalAccel will not get any shortcut signals delivered, not?

  yes and no. Someone needs to provide the dbus interface. Currently we have two ways to provide the DBus interface: kglobalacceld5 and kwin_wayland with the latter reusing almost everything of the former. So from a technical point of view the runtime is not needed, from a practical point of view it is needed.

  That's also a reason why we moved the runtime into kglobalaccel as it's kind of pointless to have the framework without the runtime.

REPOSITORY
  R268 KGlobalAccel