[Differential] [Commented On] D2854: New: ECMAddQCH, for generating qch & doxygen tag files

kossebau (Friedrich W. H. Kossebau) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 30 19:17:48 UTC 2016

kossebau added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> shumski wrote in KDEInstallDirs.cmake:534
> It is :) But with this latest revision it is not when that var is off =) I'm saying that for both cases it should happen.

Fear I am still missing what you mean. So let's go explicitely, here is what I understand to happen:

There are six different cases when using this macro and on the first invocation of cmake, from the combinations of installing to a different prefix or the same prefix as Qt (2 variants) versus KDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS being not set/defined, set to ON, set to OFF (3 variants).

In these 3 cases plugins, QCH & Co. will be all installed to Qt system dirs and thus automatically picked up by Qt, without the need for further env var settings:

- -DKDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS=ON, different prefix
- -DKDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS=ON, same prefix
- KDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS not passed as argument, same prefix (so

In the three other cases plugins, QCH & Co will be installed in dirs and need further env var settings, for Qt (and Qt Assistant) to also pick up the stuff.

Where do we see things differently? And just to make sure, you have seen the right lines at the link I passed before, how _default_KDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS is set to ON if the same prefix is used?

EMAIL PREFERENCES