kapidox and non-frameworks source

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 11:05:02 UTC 2016

On Friday November 18 2016 11:19:41 Olivier Churlaud wrote:

Hi,

I don't think there's anything personal in your reply so I'm keeping it on the ML, for general reference.

> Could you be more specific?
>  - What are you running it on?
>  - Did you add a metainfo.yaml? A README.md or a Mainpage.dox?
>  - What is in you readme.md? did you set `public_lib` to true?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm using it in build scripts, in this instance for MacPorts but that could really be just any other kind of build system that generates reproducible builds. I'm using it on any KF5 project as I get it from upstream tarballs or git, so I'm not adding any files. This used not to be required with KApiDox 5.22.0 and earlier.

> So maybe what you want to do is just running Doxygen yourself? I don't
> understand your goal here.

The goal is to have a standardised way of generating the API documentation, and as much as possible a uniform look and features like search boxes etc (as far as they can work in QCH format).
It'd be nice to have a fallback in KApiDox, so that it just calls doxygen with appriopriate arguments even if there is no metadata available to "give structure" to a target project.

Since I have your attention: would you mind adding `*.mm` to the list of extensions, so that these Mac-specific files are included in the documentation?

R.