[kservice] new warnings from kbuildsycoca5, every time

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon May 30 21:50:08 UTC 2016

On Monday, May 30, 2016 10:42:04 PM CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm upgrading from my install from 5.20.0 to 5.22.0 and with that version
> I'm now getting a new list of warnings (errors?) each time kbuildsycoca5 is
> invoked:
>
> Not found: "image/x-pcx"
> Not found: "application/x-deb"
> Not found: "video/x-ms-asf"
> Not found: "application/x-palm-database"

Did you find what is referring to these mimetypes?
Anything in ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list or
~/.config/mimeapps.list ?
Or in another file of /usr/share/mime/packages/ when pointing to sub-class-of ?
(Or does that come from an installed .desktop file ?)

I found the last one, it came from kcoreaddons' kde5.xml file, fixed.
http://commits.kde.org/kcoreaddons/4b257a60280de2c68ba24a620127649df3f49d2c

Do some grepping for the others, then let's discuss it ;)

> Any ideas how to address this other than by patching the output statements
> away? The weird thing is that I have "*.debug=false" in my qtlogging.ini
> file, and that "Didn't find servicetype" message is printed via a qDebug()
> call ...

Yes, but not a categorized qCDebug, so it doesn't go through that filtering.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5