[kservice] new warnings from kbuildsycoca5, every time

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon May 30 20:42:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm upgrading from my install from 5.20.0 to 5.22.0 and with that version I'm now getting a new list of warnings (errors?) each time kbuildsycoca5 is invoked:

Not found: "image/x-pcx"
Not found: "application/x-deb"
Not found: "video/x-ms-asf"
Not found: "application/x-palm-database"
Saving
Didn't find servicetype or mimetype "image/x-pcx"
Didn't find servicetype or mimetype "application/x-deb"
Didn't find servicetype or mimetype "video/x-ms-asf"
Didn't find servicetype or mimetype "application/x-palm-database"

or even

Not found: "application/x-palm-database"
Not found: "application/x-deb"
Not found: "application/x-gzip"
Not found: "application/x-shockwave-flash"
Not found: "image/x-pcx"
Not found: "video/x-ms-asf"
Saving
Didn't find servicetype or mimetype "application/x-palm-database"
Didn't find servicetype or mimetype "application/x-deb"
Didn't find servicetype or mimetype "application/x-gzip"
Didn't find servicetype or mimetype "application/x-shockwave-flash"
Didn't find servicetype or mimetype "image/x-pcx"
Didn't find servicetype or mimetype "video/x-ms-asf"

This happens on OS X but not on my Linux system where I installed KF5 and shared-mime-info into /opt/local as well.
I have shared-mime-info 1.6 .

Any ideas how to address this other than by patching the output statements away? The weird thing is that I have "*.debug=false" in my qtlogging.ini file, and that "Didn't find servicetype" message is printed via a qDebug() call ...

R.