LGPL for Breeze QStyle and qtquickcontrols?

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sun May 29 22:33:23 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 9:38 AM, Martin Graesslin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sunday, May 22, 2016 12:22:28 AM CEST Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>> So we, in KDE, lack LGPL style code for our de-facto official look and feel.
>
> This is the crucial point. Breeze is not the de-facto official look and feel of
> KDE. It's the look and feel of Plasma.

Let's stop there, please. I know where you come from, but here we're
being unhelpful for little reason. The fact that Plasma uses Breeze
doesn't mean that it's Plasma's property. In fact, it's how QtQuick is
shaping up to work for us, shunning Breeze for non-Plasma KDE
applications puts several projects in jeopardy.

We need to decide what we want before assuming everything is set.

Aleix