kio/kcookiejar visibility

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri May 27 22:33:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

The kcookiejar kded service contains some code to make sure the posted window ("Cookie Alert") is actually seen by the user. This uses window Ids and KWindowSystem::setMainWindow(), and thus doesn't function as expected on OS X (and MS Windows, I presume).

I've added alternative code that does a KWindowSystem::forceActiveWindow() of the KCookieWin itself. That works, but something is sending the window back, or brings the client (konqueror, in my testing) back front immediately. If my system is busy enough and I can just see the cookie alert flash and disappear using peripheral vision.

Any idea what causes the cookie alert to disappear after having come to the foreground?