Raising Qt requirement to Qt 5.4

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Mar 16 12:13:36 UTC 2016

Hi all,

with todays release of Qt 5.6 I suggest that we raise the minimum Qt version
requirement to 5.4. This would mean the latest three releases are supported.

The important new features in Qt 5.4 in my opinion for frameworks development
are:
* QSignalSpy(const QObject *object, PointerToMemberFunction signal)
* Q_LOGGING_CATEGORY(name, string, msgType)

Which are already used in many frameworks and currently ifdefed.

Opinions?

Best Regards
Martin