KWidgetsAddons License (included breeze icons)

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Mar 1 09:48:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

I want to implement a similiar "Show Password" functionality as
KPasswordDialog from KWidgetsAddons has in GnuPG's pinentry.

I'd like to use the same Icons for this, but Pinentry is GPLv2 or Later while
breeze is LGPLv3. As I want to include them directly in the Source (without
need for theme) this would mean changing the License of Pinentry which would
basically mean I can't use those icons.

But both Icons I'd like to use are also part of KWidgetsAddons.
So, does this mean the icons are licensed (as part of KWidgetsaddons) under
LGPLv2 or is KWidgetsAddons LGPLv3 and did not have the COPYING files updated?

I've tried contacting the Author of the Icons to ask directly about this but I
have not received a reply. (Probably a wrong mail)

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  | http://www.intevation.de/