[Differential] [Request, 2 lines] D1942: [KIconDialog] Do not clear search line when switching category

cfeck (Christoph Feck) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jun 18 01:33:55 UTC 2016

cfeck created this revision.
cfeck added reviewers: Frameworks, htietze, colomar.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The dialog to choose an icon has a "Search:" line. The search line is used when a user is trying to find an icon. When something is typed there, only icon with names containing the search string are shown.

  When no matches were found, the user might try other catogories (from the "System Icons" combo box). Changing the category currently clears the search line, and the user has to type the search string again.

  Bug 308368 suggests to not clear the search line. It already has a "Clear" button so that it can be easily cleared if desired.

  Attached patch removes the clearing (kiconthemes framework).

  I am seeking comments from usability guys (there is no generic "usability" reviewers label, so I added two that I know).

AFFECTED FILES
  src/kicondialog.cpp

EMAIL PREFERENCES

To: cfeck, #frameworks, htietze, colomar