KF5 repositories in Phabricator/Diffusion

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Jun 16 08:31:32 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 8:20 PM, Andreas Cord-Landwehr
<cordlandwehr at kde.org> wrote:
> On Thursday, June 16, 2016 7:58:15 PM CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
> [...]
>> Until recently it would have also been slightly difficult to setup
>> repositories as Phabricator's Conduit API lacked proper support for
>> setting up repositories (something which was recently added).
>
> Hey Ben, only to make sure that I read your mail correctly. Since you are
> talking in past tense, this means even adding all of the about 70 frameworks
> at once is not a big problem as of today? Or is it something you would like to
> have more time until Phabricator can better handle them?

It essentially needs someone to sit down and write a script to create
all of our repositories that we have at the moment on Phabricator.
We'll also need to adjust all our existing registered repositories
away from Callsigns to repository names.

For now, we'd have to go with just mirrors - as we'll need one minor,
but very crucial feature implemented upstream before we can utilise
Phabricator for repository hosting.
The script should be smart enough to allow for future adjustments -
like changing all the repositories to pushable ones when the time
comes to migrate repository hosting itself to Phabricator ideally as
well.

The only thing that would block this as such is the fact that
Phabricator has yet to be migrated to it's final home, and it'll be
easier to shift if it doesn't have as much data in it.

If anyone would like to look into this please let me know.

> Cheers,
> Andreas

Cheers,
Ben