[kservice] new warnings from kbuildsycoca5, every time

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 12:55:56 UTC 2016

On Thursday June 02 2016 13:59:52 David Faure wrote:
>On Thursday, June 2, 2016 1:22:25 PM CEST you wrote:
>> On Thursday June 02 2016 09:07:53 David Faure wrote:
>> > Can you revert the local changes, pull (I committed a fix for the "Not
>> > found:" I was getting locally, but it was due to lowercase/uppercase
>> > issues, unlike what you're seeing), then download and apply
>> > http://www.davidfaure.fr/2016/more_debug_2.diff
>>
>> Done. It's probably just as efficient to send you the whole log from
>> `kbuildsyscoca5 --noincremental`.
>>
>> https://paste.kde.org/pliyuzfsd
>
>Adding service "[...]/okularApplication_kimgio.desktop" to "image/x-pcx" stName= "image/x-pcx"
>
>That means it did not resolve the image/x-pcx alias. Here I get
>
>Adding service "imagethumbnail.desktop" to "image/vnd.zbrush.pcx" stName= "image/x-pcx"
>
>because here /usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml says it's an alias:
>  <mime-type type="image/vnd.zbrush.pcx">
>[....]
>    <alias type="image/x-pcx"/>
>  </mime-type>
>
>Do these commands return anything ?
>$ qtpaths --locate-files GenericDataLocation mime/image/x-pcx.xml

no (and /usr/share/mime/image/x-pcx.xml, installed by some unknown party)

>$ qtpaths --locate-files GenericDataLocation mime/image/vnd.zbrush.pcx.xml

/opt/local/share/mime/image/vnd.zbrush.pcx.xml, as on my Linux system. Here too it's unknown who installed it.

However, I think that might give the explanation. I don't have conflicting definitions, I only have an alias declaration, without the actual x-pcx definition. Although I don't get any error on Linux either when I compress mime/image/x-pcx.xml .

AAArgh!