[kio] : khelpcenter no longer works on OS X

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Jun 2 07:16:16 UTC 2016

On jeudi 2 juin 2016 00:47:50 CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Wednesday June 01 2016 22:06:27 David Faure wrote:
> > > mimeType() not emitted when sending first data!; job URL =
> > > QUrl("help:/kdoctools5-common/kde-docs.css")
> >
> > That's a warning related to the kioslave implementation, I bet you see the
> > same on Linux?
>
> No I don't, and I wonder if that's not the reason why I'm having the issue.
> One of the parties doesn't send a mime type, and thus the receiving end
> thinks it's just getting garbage back and thus that it cannot satisfy the
> help query?

Not garbage, but yeah, wrong mimetype determination.

Please debug which code path of frameworks/kio/src/ioslaves/help/kio_help.cpp
this is going into (method HelpProtocol::get()).

> >  khelpcenter(2220): could not start process ("--stylesheet",
> >  "/usr/share/kde4/
> kde4?

ROTFL, khelpcenter was missing from the kdesrc-build include files, so it
wasn't compiled, that was the kde4 khelpcenter. Fixed now.
khelpcenter works here, as it does for you on Linux.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5