[kservice] new warnings from kbuildsycoca5, every time

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Jun 2 07:07:53 UTC 2016

On jeudi 2 juin 2016 00:44:16 CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Wednesday June 01 2016 23:49:51 David Faure wrote:
> > Apply http://www.davidfaure.fr/2016/more_debug.diff to kservice
> > and then run
> > kbuildsycoca5 2>&1 | grep pcx
> > ?
>
> INHERITANCE: Adding service
> "kactivitymanagerd_fileitem_linking_plugin.desktop" to
> "image/vnd.zbrush.pcx" mimeTypeInheritanceLevel= 1
> Not found: "image/x-pcx"
> Didn't find servicetype or mimetype "image/x-pcx"

OK so image/x-pcx doesn't come from the inheritance code, it comes from
elsewhere.

Can you revert the local changes, pull (I committed a fix for the "Not found:"
I was getting locally, but it was due to lowercase/uppercase issues, unlike
what you're seeing), then download and apply
http://www.davidfaure.fr/2016/more_debug_2.diff

> Funny, I have the KDE4 and KF5 versions of the kactivitymanagerd file; the
> former claims it handles all/all mime types,

... and the latter claims it handles inode/directory + application/octet-
stream, which also means "all", because octet-stream is the base class for all
file mimetypes.

> but the INHERITANCE message
> goes away only when I move the KF5 version out of the way (= gzip it). That
> takes care of the palm error; the others remain.

OK, so it's not the inheritance.

> > Same issue. Your list of dirs to grep is likely not complete enough,
> > because it finds no reason to warn.
>
> Any suggestions where else I should search?

desktop files, but no worries, the new version of the debug output patch will
tell you where they come from :-)

Working on KDE Frameworks 5