[kservice] new warnings from kbuildsycoca5, every time

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 22:44:16 UTC 2016

On Wednesday June 01 2016 23:49:51 David Faure wrote:

> Apply http://www.davidfaure.fr/2016/more_debug.diff to kservice
> and then run
> kbuildsycoca5 2>&1 | grep pcx
> ?

INHERITANCE: Adding service "kactivitymanagerd_fileitem_linking_plugin.desktop" to "image/vnd.zbrush.pcx" mimeTypeInheritanceLevel= 1
Not found: "image/x-pcx"
Didn't find servicetype or mimetype "image/x-pcx"

for x-deb:
INHERITANCE: Adding service "kactivitymanagerd_fileitem_linking_plugin.desktop" to "application/vnd.debian.binary-package" mimeTypeInheritanceLevel= 1
Not found: "application/x-deb"
Didn't find servicetype or mimetype "application/x-deb"

for x-ms-asf:
INHERITANCE: Adding service "kactivitymanagerd_fileitem_linking_plugin.desktop" to "application/vnd.ms-asf" mimeTypeInheritanceLevel= 1
INHERITANCE: Adding service "kactivitymanagerd_fileitem_linking_plugin.desktop" to "video/x-ms-asf" mimeTypeInheritanceLevel= 1
Not found: "video/x-ms-asf"
Didn't find servicetype or mimetype "video/x-ms-asf"

and the not-beer (palm) type:
INHERITANCE: Adding service "kactivitymanagerd_fileitem_linking_plugin.desktop" to "application/x-palm-database" mimeTypeInheritanceLevel= 1
INHERITANCE: Adding service "kactivitymanagerd_fileitem_linking_plugin.desktop" to "application/vnd.palm" mimeTypeInheritanceLevel= 1
Not found: "application/x-palm-database"
Didn't find servicetype or mimetype "application/x-palm-database"

Funny, I have the KDE4 and KF5 versions of the kactivitymanagerd file; the former claims it handles all/all mime types, but the INHERITANCE message goes away only when I move the KF5 version out of the way (= gzip it). That takes care of the palm error; the others remain.

> Same issue. Your list of dirs to grep is likely not complete enough, because
> it finds no reason to warn.

Any suggestions where else I should search?

R.