Deadlock in kded whith Qt 5.6

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Jan 21 07:37:38 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 20 January 2016 08:41:31 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 January 2016 09:08:38 David Faure wrote:
> > > Can you run with QDBUS_DEBUG=1 and tell me the messages it prints?
> >
> [cut]
>
> I didn't see any "invoking message spies" of the debug I left. Are you sure
> this had the hook installed?

You mean the messageFilter? That's exactly the issue, that it's not getting called.
Therefore autoload doesn't happen.

It might be a consequence of your previous commit (1f6fa1f37a14742dd),
not necessarily a problem in the current patch under test.

> For that matter, can you apply the attached patch so we also get feedback on
> the queued delivery?

With this patch applied, here's one log for the first call (autostart+autoload, doesn't work)

http://www.davidfaure.fr/2016/first_call.txt

and one log for the second call (kded already started, autoload works)

http://www.davidfaure.fr/2016/second_call.txt

Working on KDE Frameworks 5