Proposal for moving KColorScheme from KConfigWidgets to KGuiAddons

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Feb 20 11:50:29 UTC 2016

On Saturday 20 February 2016 11:22:48 Andreas Cord-Landwehr wrote:
> Hi, I want to propose to move the KColorScheme class from the KConfigWidgets
> famework to the KGuiAddons framework.

Impossible, this would require adding a dependency on KConfig for KGuiAddons.

> Reasons:
> * that would reduce dependencies of KIconThemes and make it
>   - a Tier 2 framework (currently Tier 3) and

It wouldn't:  KConfig | <whatever contains KColorScheme> | KIconThemes => tier3

Unless KColorScheme is moved "up" to KIconThemes, but I don't know if this makes
sense for other users of KColorScheme.

Or KColorScheme is moved "down" to KConfig, but it also uses kcolorutils
from KGuiAddons so that's not an option.

> * KGuiAddons seems to be the much more logical place for this class in my
> opinion

It would be, if it wasn't built on top of KConfig.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5