Mac: kbuildsycoca5 and kded5 deadloop *somewhere* after upgrading to Qt 5.7.1

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 14:07:26 UTC 2016

On Saturday December 31 2016 14:10:38 David Faure wrote:

>OK that recursion is fixed in https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/129733/
>
>Can you check if you still hit an issue?

Sure ... next year ;)
I do wonder, won't there be unwanted/unforeseen side-effects from skipping symlinks to directories?

>I'm wondering if the other recursion (the one in
>VFolderMenu::loadApplications) hits you as well, the fix is only for the
>recursive timestamp checking, not for the code that actually does the parsing.

I guess we'll see when I recreate that symlink but the chances seem slim if it didn't already show up in the backtrace I uploaded.

> if (fi.isDir() && !fi.isBundle()) {
>
>which makes sense if we don't want to go into bundles to look for application
>desktop files. So we might want to do in sycocautils_p.h as well.

Indeed. But what about app bundle builds which may have `isBundle() == true` for their "root"? Or are they supposed not to be using .desktop files and whatever else sycoca trawls?

R.