Jenkins-kde-ci: kdbusaddons master kf5-qt5 » Linux, gcc - Build # 11 - Still Unstable!

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Mon Apr 25 09:17:03 UTC 2016

On Monday 25 of April 2016 19:14:00 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 5:59 PM, Martin Graesslin <mgraesslin at kde.org>
wrote:
> > In summary: I don't want spend time to investigate false positives. If an
> > option results in false positives, I think that we should disable it.
>
> Understandable.
>
> > Of course Qt should get those bugs fixed, but for that Qt should enable
> > ASAN on their CI system. If we get libraries which are free of ASAN
> > problems, then we can enable it on our side. But false positives are just
> > bad.
>
> Based on this i'm going to assume Qt is not ASAN compliant, and will
> therefore be disabling ASAN for all KDE projects across the entire KDE
> CI system in 24 hours unless nobody objects.

The best of both worlds would be leave it enabled, but weave the known faulty
results until they are fixed. Notification emails would come only for new
issues. This happens in OpenStack, for example, where otherwise the amount of
failures from underlying components would block too many projects for too much
time (a skiplist disables few tests annotated with decorators).

If ASAN does not allow for a skip list, would it be possible to post-process
the output from ASAN and filter known failures from a configurable list so
that Jenkins get the clean result?

--
Luigi