Jenkins-kde-ci: kdbusaddons master kf5-qt5 » Linux, gcc - Build # 11 - Still Unstable!

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Apr 25 09:05:31 UTC 2016

On Monday, April 25, 2016 7:29:51 AM CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I object.
> a) I already told you, don't use something nobody else uses, use the
> separate reposb) Not going to happen, but why would it matter at all?
>
> More reasons for it: c) ASAN does not check for things in the library being
> broken or not since it only works on code compiled with ASAN, so the
> crashes are not in the library, they are in your code (if they are because
> of the library being broken or not that's not important, *your* code is the
> one that is going to crash)

Please check the backtraces. It's in this cases NOT a bug in "my code", it's a
wrong delete in Qt code, making my test fail. Yes it's a bug, yes my code
exposes it, yes I don't care, because there is nothing we can do. It's a false
positive from my point of view. And makes it difficult to get real test results.
A false positive destroys the purpose of a CI system. If we cannot trust it,
it gets ignored.

Cheers
Martin