[KIO] cookie service and installing in a parallel prefix (/opt/local)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 16:42:34 UTC 2016

On Friday April 22 2016 15:28:35 David Faure wrote:

> It is, but with a different name. In KDE4 it's
>   $ qdbus org.kde.kded /modules/kcookiejar
>
> I moved it to the name "org.kde.kcookiejar5" so that later it can be hosted by kiod rather than kded5, transparently.

Right.

So, any ideas why I do see output like

kf5.kded: Loading second phase autoload
kf5.kded: kded module "konqy_preloader" still uses .desktop files ("kded/konqy_preloader.desktop"). Please port it to JSON metadata.
kf5.kded: 2nd phase: loading "networkstatus"
kf5.kded: Successfully loaded module "networkstatus"
kf5.kded: 2nd phase: loading "proxyscout"
kf5.kded: Successfully loaded module "proxyscout"
kf5.kded: Successfully loaded module "kcookiejar"

but the cookies KCM considers that the service isn't running? I'd expect something OS X-specific in the KCM if this didn't happen on Linux too.

FWIW, when I try to load a http URL in konqueror5 it tells that there's "no such file or folder" (and that's on OS X only). Probably unrelated even if http and cookies usually go together ;)

R.