[KIO] cookie service and installing in a parallel prefix (/opt/local)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Apr 22 13:28:35 UTC 2016

On Friday 22 April 2016 15:17:43 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Friday April 22 2016 10:19:35 David Faure wrote:
>
> > kcookiejar5 is just a client-side tool (*).
>
> And not the tool that applications use to manage cookies?

Right. Apps use library code, rather than command-line tools.

> > The actual service is provided by a kded module. You can see if it works by doing
> > $ qdbus org.kde.kcookiejar5 /modules/kcookiejar
>
> %> qdbus -qt=qt5 org.kde.kcookiejar5 /modules/kcookiejar
> However, interacting with the .org.kde.KCookieServer methods via qdbusviewer gives me either `Arguments: ""` or `(no arguments)` as a result.

Yeah the `qdbus` tool is limited and only supports some basic types.
Doesn't matter, this proves that the service is running for you.

> I'm not seeing the KDE4 kcookiejar in qdbusviewer, yet that one works as long as kded4 is running. Not using DBus?

It is, but with a different name. In KDE4 it's
  $ qdbus org.kde.kded /modules/kcookiejar

I moved it to the name "org.kde.kcookiejar5" so that later it can be hosted by kiod rather than kded5, transparently.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5