Policy for Dependencies

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Oct 14 17:37:58 UTC 2015

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015, Martin Klapetek wrote:

> But then it makes me wonder if you actually need KNotifications altogether.
> I'm not aware of anyone actually testing KNotificaitons on win/mac and I
> personally wouldn't guarantee it works at all on !linux.
>
> Same for Kate - do you actually need KNotifications at all on win/mac?
> If not, it would be better to just drop that dep from Kate/Krita/whatever
> than split KNotifications package which isn't used anyway.

Well, there's that, and I don't think we build against knotifications
at the moment, and in any case, our windows/osx build is pretty immature.
My own bete noir at the moment is kxmlgui, which needs kconfigwidgets,
which needs kauth and codecs, but it's kind of the general way of things:
if there's a library I need that links to knotification, either that
link should be optional, or knotification should be more modular.

Boudewijn